Chillicothe Service Department is dedicated to delivering effective, efficient, friendly service with professionalism.
The Service Department is tasked with many responsibilities. Below is a list of area’s that the service department is responsible to maintain
- Daily Trash Collection
- Removal of snow and ice from city streets/apply salt and/or sand
- Pickup up leaves from city residential streets and neighborhoods
- Emergency 24-hour street closings due to weather events, traffic accidents, and utility service calls such as broken water mains, downed electrical wires etc.
- Clean up and remove downed trees on city streets and thoroughfares regardless of reason.
- Clean city streets (Street Sweeper), alleys, and city property.
- Remove dead animals from public areas and city streets.
- Cut grass and trim trees and other growth at City’s flood wall, Police shooting range, Annex, City parks, Millennium Grove, Tree Farm, and other City properties such as storm drains and reservoirs
- Erect and remove Street barricades for parades and other special events.
- Responsible for all issues relate to road signs within the City. Replace street signs that are damaged, remove obstacles that obstruct vision for vehicular traffic. Replace all signs in accordance to ODOT rotation system.
- Install handicap access signage including painting of street surfaces and curbs.
- Board up homes as a result of fire or drug raid, or nuisance complaints.
- Conduct pickup of items on streets as the result of rental evictions.
- Maintain City Yard waste yard on Renick Avenue and Salt storage facility.
- Fill Potholes