Auditor's Office - Yard Sale Permits
Yard Sale Permit Information
- A permit must be obtained from the City Auditor's Office in order to conduct a yard/home sale within the Chillicothe City limits.
- FREQUENCY and DURATION: Only FOUR (4) sales per year are permitted at each address. Each sale may be held for THREE (3) consecutive days. A separate permit is required for each sale.
- FEE and POSTING: The fee for the permit is as follows: $5.00 for the first and second sales and $20.00 for the third and fourth sales. Permits are to be posted and visible on the sale premises.
- CANCELLATIONS: If you have a permit and are unable to conduct it for any reason within the dates provided, you may obtain permission to reschedule the sale by notifying the City Auditor's Office at 740.775.3955. YOU MUST GIVE A NEW SALE DATE WHEN YOU CALL TO RESCHEDULE.
- IT IS ILLEGAL TO POST YARD SALE SIGNS ON UTILITY POLES.
- Penalty: Any person found in violation of any provision of Ordinance #25-13 shall be given one (1) written warning from the Police Department for noncompliance during a calendar year before being ticketed. In addition, any person who violates any provisions of this chapter after being give one (1) written warning is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.
Yard Sale Ordinance #25-13